IEB grants Institut Estudis Baleàrics
PERIOD FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS> IS CLOSED
Please read the official text here (in Spanish).
Grants for the overseas promotion of performing arts from the Balearic Islands in 2021
1. Budget: 300,000 €
2. Funding programmes:
a) Support for individuals and non-profit associations in the performing arts sector
b) Support for self-employed professionals and companies in the performing arts sector
a) SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS AND NON-PROFIT ASSOCIATIONS
Who may apply?
- Creators, producers, and agents in the field of performing arts in the Balearic Islands, regardless of their tax residence, provided they organise activities with professionals from the performing arts sectors from the Balearic Islands.
- Individuals with professional activity in the performing arts industry in the Balearic Islands.
- Non-profit associations in the performing arts sector in the Balearic Islands.
Projects elligible for funding
- Travel and accommodation of the company (cast and crew) to attend trade fairs, whether they are performing or not.
- Travel and accommodation of producers and other cultural agents to attend trade fairs outside their island of residence.
- Travel and accommodation of professionals in the performing arts sector to participate in training seminars/workshops or creative residencies.
- COVID tests.
Expenses covered are limited to travel and accommodation:
- Travel of cargo and of cast, as well as two technicians. Only economy class tickets will be accepted.
- Accommodation expenses, provided they can be justified with invoices.
- Vehicle rental.
- Mileage on on road trips that are not made by public transport.
- Expenses for the cost of accreditations or registrations for trade fairs, markets and professional conferences for up to two people.
* Only 2 registrations per application will be accepted.
The applicant must submit the invoices relevant for travel and accommodation expenses. The paid amount will never exceed the maximum amount indicated in the table above.
b) SUPPORT FOR SELF-EMPLOYED PROFESSIONALS AND COMPANIES
Who may apply?
Self-employed professionals and companies in the field of performing arts in the Baleric Islands, regardless of their tax residence, provided they organise activities with professionals from the Balearic Islands.
Projects elligible for funding
i) Mobility expenses.
ii) Expenses linked to tour production:
Expenses deriving from hiring services or staff linked to the following:
- Organisation of project presentations and live performances.
- Attending fairs, festivals and professional conferences, with or without live performances in the official programme.
- Rehearsals for performances included in a tour.
- Tours in national and international circuits.
- Production of graphic and/or audiovisual material associated with overseas promotion, regardless of its format.
- Translation of texts and production of files for subtitling performances.
- Hiring of technical equipment for subtitling performances.
For activities under section i), mobility expenses.
For activities under section ii) the following expenses are included:
- Professional fees and hiring of professional services.
- Producing promotional material, either graphic (copywriting, design, translation and edition) or audiovisual (pre-production, shooting, editing and post-production) for the artist, the company and/or the show, regardless of its format.
- Costs of digital campaigns
- Creation and/or updating of websites with contents linked to companies and/or professionals from the performing arts sector in the Balearic Islands.
3. Maximum amount per applicant
Every applicant may be awarded up to €20,000 in this call for grants.
4. Deadline for submitting the applications
The deadline for submitting applications will open 14 July 2021 and will be closed on 30 September 2021.
No application submitted after the deadline or any modification of the documentation related to the eligible project that is subject to valuation will be accepted.
If the amount stated in this call is exhausted before the expiration of the deadline for submitting applications, the granting of subsidies may be suspended by publishing a resolution of the President of the IEB in the BOIB.
When the applicant is a legal entity, the application has to filed through its legal representative, duly accredited. At any time, the original documentation may be requested for verification purposes.
5. Term of execution of the actions and payment of expenses
The subsidized activity must be carried out between December 1, 2020 and November 15, 2021, at the latest. Invoices must be issued and paid in this same period.
6. Applicants' obligations
- The applicants must inform the IEB about the organisation of any public event related to the subsidized activity..
- The applicant must mention the IEB sponsorship on all the leaflets, posters and advertising material by including the IEB and the regional Ministry of European Funds, University and Culture logos, both available here.
The payment of the grant will be effective, generally, in a single payment, which will be made once the applicant has accredited fulfilling the purpose for which the grant has been granted and justified the performance of the subsidized activity in the terms of this call.
A single partial payment may be made through partial justifications and settlements with the same conditions and requirements as those for ordinary payments. Partial liquidations and justifications for the activity partially completed may be attached to the documentation attached to the application, but they will only have effect if the grant is granted.
If at the time of submitting the application all the activity has already been completed, the documentation related to the liquidation and justification can be attached, although it will only take effect if the grant is granted. In any case, the documentation can be submitted once the grant has been awarded.
8. How to submit applications
Applications for this call for grants by foreign applicants must be submitted by certified post to the IEB's Registry office; our address is as follows: Institut d'Estudis Baleàrics Ca n'Oleo Carrer de l'Almudaina, 4 07001 Palma Spain This is a summary of the call for grants, for information purposes.
For any further information, please contact us at email@example.com.