IEB grants Institut Estudis Baleàrics
Music. Call for Grants 2020
Grants to support overseas projection of music and musicians, performers and composers of the Balearic Islands for the year 2020
PROVISIONAL RESULTS PUBLISHED
This call for grant aims to contribute to the overseas projection of professional music and musicians, performers and composers of the Balearic Islands corresponding to the period between April 21 and November 30, 2020, in order to promote the exchange and cultural relationship between Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera and between the Balearic Islands and abroad and to alleviate the direct effects of measures in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Budget: € 235,000
a) Mobility: Support for the mobility of artists, managers and representatives, phonographic publishers and other professionals in the field of music.
b) External projection projects: Support for external promotion projects for music and musicians, performers and composers.
a) MOBILITY SUPPORT
Who may apply?
Natural and legal persons dedicated to the composition and performance of music and other agents in the field of music.
Projects eligible for funding
- Travel and stay of artistic and technical staff to attend professional fairs, with or without live performance outside the island of residence.
- Travel and stay of managers, agents, producers or phonographic publishers to attend professional fairs, with or without live performance or commercial sales stand outside the island of residence.
- Travel and accommodation of music professionals to participate in training stays and musical residencies outside the island of residence.
- Travel and accommodation of professionals in the field of music to participate in competitions and auditions outside the island of residence.
- The mobility of cargo, artistic staff and up to two technicians.
- Accommodation expenses with the maximum stipulated.
- Vehicle rental costs.
- Mileage on road trips that are not made by public transport.
- Expenses for the cost of accreditations or registrations for trade fairs, markets and professional conferences.
- The cost of renting instruments.
* Only a maximum of 2 accreditations per application will be subsidized.
** This amount is the maximum combined that can be granted for loading, extra seats and instrument rental.
Travel and stay with invoices must be justified. Only the justified amount will be paid up to the previous maximums.
b) OVERSEAS PROJECTION
Who may apply?
- Production of graphic, phonographic and audiovisual materials to support tours, live performances and attendance at professional fairs.
- Hiring professional production services, artistic and technical staff, communication, etc. for tours and live performances.
- The production of graphic, audiovisual and phonographic elements.
- Editing and translating graphic material.
- The fees of people and the hiring of professional, artistic and technical services that are directly connected to the activity.
- Equipment rental.
- The rental of stands at professional fairs.
- Accreditation at professional fairs.
The above-mentioned expenses that have already been incurred and are linked to activities that have been canceled or postponed due to the prevention measures decreed by the Public Administrations to combat the COVID-19 pandemic will also be eligible.
The following quantities can be requested:
a) For expenses related exclusively to mobility, the amounts will be awarded in accordance with the following:
b) A percentage will be granted on the rest of expenses described above that are not included in section a), which can reach up to 80%.
The maximum amount will be calculated in accordance with the assessment score of the project, based on the criteria set out in point 4.3 of the terms and conditions, found at http://www.iebalearics.org/en/, up to a maximum amount of € 8,000 per project.
Maximum amount per applicant
The maximum amount that an applicant may receive from the Fund is 15.000 €.
The applicant must inform the IEB about the organisation of any public event related to the subsidized activity.
The applicant must mention the IEB sponsorship on all the leaflets, posters and advertising material by including the IEB and the regional Ministry of Culture, Participation and Sport's logos, both available here
The payment of the grant will be effective, generally, in a single payment, which will be made once the applicant has accredited fulfilling the purpose for which the grant has been granted and justified the performance of the subsidized activity in the terms of this call.
A single partial payment may be made through partial justifications and settlements with the same conditions and requirements as those for ordinary payments. Partial liquidations and justifications for the activity partially completed may be attached to the documentation attached to the application, but they will only have effect if the grant is granted.
If at the time of submitting the application all the activity has already been completed, the documentation related to the liquidation and justification can be attached, although it will only take effect if the grant is granted. In any case, the documentation can be submitted once the grant has been awarded.
Deadline for submitting the applications
The deadline for submitting applications will be open from the day after the call is published in the BOIB and will remain open until June 15, 2020.
No application submitted after the deadline or any modification of the documentation related to the eligible project that is subject to valuation will be accepted.
If the amount stated in this call is exhausted before the expiration of the deadline for submitting applications, the granting of subsidies may be suspended by publishing a resolution of the President of the IEB in the BOIB.
When the applicant is a legal entity, the application has to filed through its legal representative, duly accredited. At any time, the original documentation may be requested for verification purposes.
How to submit applications
Applications for this call for grants by foreign applicants must be submitted by certified post to the IEB's Registry office; our address is as follows:
Institut d'Estudis Baleàrics
Carrer de l'Almudaina, 4
THIS TEXT IS A SUMMARY FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION IS PUBLISHED IN THE OFFICIAL JOURNAL OF THE BALEARIC ISLANDS (BOIB).
Institut d'Estudis Baleàrics (IEB)
C/ de l'Almudaina, 4, 07001 Palma
971 17 89 96
Emergency grants to support outreach activities for music and musicians, performers and composers of the Balearic Islands until April 20, 2020 and the activities developed during the year 2019 (from 1st July)
PROVISIONAL RESULTS PUBLISHED
To see the information, consult this document