IEB grants Institut Estudis Baleàrics
Organization and production of fairs and festivals. Call for Grants 2018
The object of this call for grants is to support the organization and production of
fairs, festivals, exhibitions, markets, artistic residences of a professional nature in the
areas of music, literature and thought, comic and illustration, and the performing, visual,
and audiovisual arts carried out in the Balearic Islands in the period between December
1, 2017, and November 30, 2018.
- The following 6 lines of grant are established:
a) Audiovisual arts
b) Performing arts
c) Visual arts
d) Literature, thought, comic, and illustration
f) Multidisciplinary projects
- In order to be able to aim for a grant, in the event must appear, at least, 30% of
artist and cultural agents from the Balearic Islands. In the case of events of the
audiovisual arts area, at least some of the works programmed must be from the Balearic
-Up to 100% of costs of the programming of the proposals of the Balearic Islands
- Up to 20% for the remaining programming.
-Up to 50% of the following production expenses.
-Up to 100% of the organization expenses of the professional conferences.
Amount and valuation
The maximum annual amount that can be granted per applicant and per project is fifty thousand euros (€ 50,000).
- The submitted projects will be graded according to the scores that appear in the attached assessment tables, specified specifically for each discipline. The general points that are included are:
a) Interest in programming (from 0 to 2 points).
b) Interest of the professional program (from 0 to 2 points).
c) External projection potential (from 0 to 2 points).
d) Antiquity (from 0 to 2 points, in the audiovisual discipline, from 0 to 1.5 in the rest of the disciplines).
e) The event belongs to an association of national or international scope of fairs, festivals or markets or is integrated within a network of similar events (from 0 to 1 point).
f) Actions that contribute to gender equality (from 0 to 0.5 points).
g) Actions that have a social return: projects that include actions aimed at improving, revitalizing or revitalizing a group, a community or a specific area (from 0 to 0.5 points).
h) Organizational structure of the event (0.5 points).
Total score: 10 points.
- A score of 3 points corresponds to 10% of the eligible amount, which increases gradually up to 80%, corresponding to 10 points.
- Private individuals or legal entities, irrespective of their tax residence, may request subsidies as beneficiaries, who can carry out the projects or activities that are in the situation that motivates the granting of the subsidy.
- They may also request subsidies as beneficiaries of the local government entities of the Balearic Islands and the public bodies that depend on them when, among their aims and purposes, is the promotion of professional culture, in general, or of particular cultural aspects, in particular.
- Projects that get help can not be opted for by the same concept of the Ministry of Culture, Participation and Sports of the Government of the Balearic Islands.
- The deadline for submitting applications is on July 30, 2018.
Applications may be submitted at any official registry or by post.
THIS TEXT IS AN INFORMATION SUMMARY. THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT IS PUBLISHED IN THE BOIB (in Spanish)
For further information: www.iebalearics.org and firstname.lastname@example.org
Institut d'Estudis Baleàrics (IEB)
C/ Protectora, 10, local 11 – 07012 Palma
971 17 89 96