IEB grants Institut Estudis Baleàrics
Fairs and festivals
2020 Call for grants
FINAL RESULTS PUBLISHED
The credit assigned to this call is € 490,000 (four hundred and ninety thousand euros).
2. Object and purpose
This call aims to support the organization and production of fairs and festivals in the fields of music, literature and thought, comics and illustration, performing arts, visual arts and audiovisual, digital and interactive arts, as well as centers of creation, meetings and conferences that promote the overseas promotion and that are carried out in the territory of the Balearic Islands for the year 2020.
The activity object of the subsidy must have as one of its purposes, in a verifiable way, the external projection of the culture of the Balearic Islands through the programming and/or exhibition of work of artists or creators from the Balearic Islands.
The 2 grant lines are:
A) Companies and freelancers.
B) Non-profit organisations and entities.
Each line has the following modalities:
1) Performing arts
2) Visual arts
3) Audiovisual, digital and interactive arts
4) Literature, thought, comics and illustration
6) Multidisciplinary projects
7) Creation centers
To be eligible for a grant, the events must have scheduled at least 30% of artists and cultural agents from the Balearic Islands. In the case of events in the audiovisual field, they must have scheduled at least one work from the Balearic Islands or ensure the presence of Balearic professionals in the audiovisual sector.
Creation centers promote and encourage artistic creation and production, as well as their dissemination and visibility. They need to have a physical space located in the Balearic Islands and have a program of activities and residencies to encourage creation, as well as exchange programs.
a) For line A:
Beneficiaries of the grants are individuals registered as freelancers and legal entities in the performing arts, visual arts, literature, thought, comics and illustration, music and audiovisual arts, digital and interactive that can carry out the projects or activities that are eligible for the call.
Beneficiaries must be registered in the tax census and/or the business activity tax (IAE) under headings linked to the cultural sector or must have as their corporate purpose the development of professional activities in the cultural sector.
b) For line B:
Beneficiaries of the grants are legal persons from the performing arts, visual arts, literature, thought, comics and illustration, music and audiovisual, digital and interactive arts sectors that may carry out the projects or the activities that are in the situation that motivates the concession of the subsidy.
Beneficiaries may also apply for grants from local government entities in the Balearic Islands and dependent public bodies when, among their objectives and purposes, there is the promotion of professional culture, in general, or of certain cultural aspects, in particular.
5. Eligible expenses
- Up to 100% of programming expenses for hiring artists and creators from the Balearic Islands.
- Up to 20% of hiring expenses for artists and creators from outside the Balearic Islands.
- Up to 80% of production and communication costs.
- Up to 100% of expenses for the organization of conferences.
- Up to 100% COVID-19 adaptation costs.
The maximum amount of this call that can be awarded to each applicant is as follows:
- For line A) of companies and freelancers: it is € 75,000 (seventy-five thousand euros), per beneficiary and project.
- For line B) of organisations and entities: it is € 40,000 (forty thousand euros), per beneficiary and project.
The projects submitted will be graded based on the scores contained in the attached evaluation tables, specified in the call specifically for each modality. The general points are:
a) General programming (from 0 to 20 points)
b) Professional program (from 0 to 20 points)
c) Overseas projection potential (from 0 to 10 points)
d) Digitisation (0 to 10 points).
e) Seniority (from 0 to 15 points)
f) Collaboration networks (from 0 to 10 points).
g) Gender equality (from 0 to 5 points).
h) Social return (5 points).
e) Organizational structure (from 0 to 5 points).
j) Formentera (5 additional points).
Total score: 100 points.
The minimum score for a grant is 40 points. A rating of 1 point corresponds to 0.8% of the eligible amount, which is gradually increased to 80%, which corresponds to 100 points.
8. Deadline for submission of applications
The deadline for submitting applications begins the day after the publication of the call in the BOIB and will remain open for 20 working days, from August 12 to September 8, both inclusive.
9. Documentation to be submitted to apply for the grant
1) Grant application (Annex 2), completed and signed, together with all the required administrative and technical documentation: copy of the applicant's ID, company documentation (statutes, foundation deed, CIF), project dossier, detailed budget, project financing plan
2) Responsible declaration (Annex 3), completed and signed
3) The grant application must be submitted to the IEB until the 15th of June 2020. It must be passed through the Institution's Registry. If the application can not be delivered to the IEB office, it must be sent by certificate or administrative mail (with the stamp on the first page of the application) to Institut d'Estudis Baleàrics, Ca n'Oleo, c/de l'Almudaina, 4, 07001 Palma, Spain.
10. How to submit applications
Applications for this call for grants by foreign applicants must be submitted by certified post to the IEB's Registry office; our address is as follows:
Institut d'Estudis Baleàrics
Carrer de l'Almudaina, 4
More information: www.iebalearics.org and email@example.com
THIS TEXT IS AN INFORMATIVE SUMMARY. THE OFFICIAL CALL IS PUBLISHED IN BOIB N. 139 OF AUGUST 11, 2020
For more information, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org