Apply to perform at Fira B! 2019Xavier Barceló
Do you want to perform at Fira B! 2019?
- The application period is open from 30 January until 7 March 2019
- About 50 music proposals and 25 performing arts are selected.
Fira B! prepares its 5th edition to be held from October 3 to 6, 2019 in Palma (Mallorca). The program includes music and performing arts showcases, of all styles, that are aimed, on the one hand, to the professional audience (programmers, distributors, agents, etc.) and, on the other, to the general public, who receives the emerging and consolidated proposals that make up the programming with a growing interest. The concerts and shows take place from Thursday to Saturday. The venues are varied: all the public theaters in Palma, as well as other unusual spaces, such as the Parc de la Mar, the Plaça Mayor, the Museum of Mallorca or the Archive of the Kingdom of Mallorca.
70% of the programme will be from the Balearic Islands and 30% from outside the Islands*, based on the following selection criteria:
- The technical and artistic quality, originality, uniqueness and other innovative aspects of the proposal.
- The capacity of national and / or international outreach.
- Availability for performances and tours.
- The artistic career of the applicant.
In the case of the performing arts, the fact that the proposals take to the scene original texts and / or choreographies of contemporary Balearic authors and / or choreographers will be valued.
In the case of music,the fact that the proposals include original repertoire and / or composers of the Balearic Islands will be positively valued. Applicants must have at least one disc edited in physical format or published in Spotify or iTunes and available audio and / or video material. In addition, they must have done at least five live performances during the last year.
For more information, go to the following page: http://www.firab.org/en/p//how-to-act/
* This percentage is subject to the selecting committe's discretion.